Instructors and Students!!!!
Register For Our Creative Strings Clinic
with World-Renowned Violinist Christian Howes
- Using the concepts featured in his Creative Strings Academy, Christian Howes will be presenting a clinic of fun and learning for all string participants
- This is a chance to learn improvisation techniques, whether you are a beginning string player or have played several years.
- Christian uses familiar tunes and teaching ideas in a whole new way to create an exciting day of music making. Through his methods you will find yourself quickly developing your own musical ideas.
- The 1st session is designed exclusively for string instructors. Teachers will not only work on improvisation themselves, but also learn from Christian's pedagogical ideas.
- The 2nd session is designed for student string players of all ages. This will be your chance to work with Christian on ways to create your own music and develop your own expressive voice. Instructors are encouraged to stay to observe Christian working with students.
World Premiere of our Capriccio Suite!
LYP Orchestras embarked on an exciting adventure. Musicians from both orchestras met with educator and composer Katherine Punwar and were directed to create original themes, artwork and poetry that culminated into an original work that was composed by Mrs. Punwar. Capriccio Suite is a work that contains 5 short movements. Each has it's own character and mood, mostly prompted by the submissions provided by the students. Students performed it for the first time Jan 29, 2017 at UW Parkside Bedford Hall.
I. Cantabile Mobile
II. Tango irregulare ma grazioso
III. Cascata arabesco
IV. Emozione furioso
V. Sinfonia animato
"I love LYP because I love playing with serious musicians"